Monday, August 13, 2007

VEYIL baggs 3 FILM FARE'S













s pictures veyil baggs 3 film fare awards

Best Director - Vasanthabalan

Best Film - Veyil

Best Lyric Writer - Na. Muthukumar,
Song: Veyiloodu vilayade

when asked about the award director shankar said:

As a director, I won three Filmfare awards so far. This is the first time that I got as producer that makes me even happier. Veyil was the first Tamil film got screening at Cannes Film Festival. This encouragement and support makes to producer more films.

Vasanta Balan who bagged the Best Director award for Tamil (Veyil) says, 'It is impossible for me to do one such film even after 10 years, if I don't get a producer like Shankar. I did never see one such producer in my career. A top class director encouraged a person like me who was giving continuous flops. Though he is one of the best directors in India, he just remained a producer and did not involve in any of the departments with regard to 'Veyil'. He totally trusted me and gave me complete independence while making the movie. The credit for the success of the film and bagging this award goes to Shankar alone.'

No comments:

Post a Comment